The Stronger Communities Programme provides funding for small capital projects in our electorate.
To participate in the programme, our electorate must establish a consultation committee with representatives from the local community to identify potential projects. The projects must be consistent with the programme's outcomes and criteria.
Who, What, and How to Apply
To be eligible to apply you must have been invited by your federal Member of Parliament, have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
To be eligible your project must:
- have been identified by your federal Member of Parliament
- have at least $5,000 in eligible expenditure
- deliver social benefits to your community.
- meet the eligibility criteria guidelines.
Your project should be scheduled for completion by 30 June 2018.
You must also:
- have a plan for how you will carry out the project and identify the budget for your project
- be able to meet your share of the project costs
- provide the relevant mandatory attachments (if required).
The eligibility criteria cannot be waived under any circumstances. For more information on eligibility please refer to the programme guidelines.
- The committee and I will identify projects to be considered through Expressions of Interest. Expressions of Interest close 31 July 2017.
- Selected applicants will be invited to submit an application online on 4 August 2017.
- Invited applicants complete and submit a grant application by 15 September 2017.
- The Department assesses all grant applications.
- The committee and I will advise of the outcome of applications, with the Department providing written confirmation.
- The Department enters into a grant agreement with the successful applicants and pay the grant.
- The applicant undertakes the grant activity with progress being monitored by the Government.
Don't forget, your expression of interest must be received by 31 July 2017 and contain a short (no more than 250 words) description.
Please submit your expression of interest using the link below.
I'm ready to express my interest